Re: Wheres the yaboot?

Subject: Re: Wheres the yaboot?
From: BX (Bitch_Trix@mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 21:54:01 MDT

At 17:25 -0700 07/02/01, BX wrote:
>Ok, installed a minimal system on a spare drive, formatted as hfs -
>install went beautifully, installed YDL 2, install went beautifully.
>boot partition (10 MB is on hda 11)
>
>now, wasn't is supposed to have installed a yaboot and yaboot.conf
>file into the system folder on that small Mac OS partition?
>
>Well, i have nothing but the plain system files i started with
>originally - or are they done differently from YDL 1.2.1?
>
>anyway, and clues on this, and what i have to do to boot to the new install.

More info on this i guess would help - its G4 AGP, so its new world ROM.

I used the custom setup and started with the everything install the
first time, but it crapped out. I suppose it didn't like writing over
the YDL 1.2.1 stuff, So i reformatted the drive and tried the
default, with a base install. Then thats where the above happened.

I did another reformat, and tried again, same thing, install went
just fine, but on rebooting after it said it was done, right into OS
9.1, with nothing to show for it being installed.

Pretty much a hair puller, hehehe

--
BX