Failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k usbdevfs, errno = 2

Subject: Failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k usbdevfs, errno = 2
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 11:38:17 MDT

Machine: 7600 w/BootX 1.2.3

I'm trying to reinstall YDL 2.0 on this machine (it had OSX installed on it
with the Unsupported Utility X hack - OSX was *way* too slow) and for
whatever reason cannot boot the installer. What's wierd is that this machine
was running YDL 2.0 just fine before I blew it away to install OSX on it.

These are the last few lines on the boot screen:

mounting /proc filesystem... done
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k usbdevfs, errno = 2
mounting /proc/bus/usb filesystem... failed
I can't recover from this.

I tried adding "nousb" to my kernel parameters but that didn't seem to
change anything.

I've zapped my PRAM, tried the installer.coff, tried different ramdisks,
searched Google, nothing.

Anyone got a tip for me?

--
Darron