Re: SMC Ethernet

Subject: Re: SMC Ethernet
From: Philippe L. Houze (plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 16:22:28 MDT

Hi Robert,

I had nothing but problem with these cards (you should be able to find
messages on that subject, last month archives) and ended up replacing them
with a 3Com 3c905c. I could use it only at 10Mbs when my whole network is at
100Mbs (which is the speed of the internal), so you would be better off
removing the SMC and using the internal (eth0). I am using 9600s.
Philippe.