Re: Airport and YDL

Subject: Re: Airport and YDL
From: John Canning (john@pcc.com )
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 22:15:53 MDT

On Sun Jul 22 15:16:00 2001 Thomas Leonard wrote:

> This iswhat I want to do,but there is a prob, the YDL instructions don't
> say hopw to tell the base station to dial up =3D/ Thanks Anyways

Thomas -

You don't have to tell the airport to dial up. The airport base
station acts as a router. When it has a packet that needs to go out
over the Internet, it will dial up your ISP and send out that packet.
In the base station configuration tool, you can tell the airport to
disconnect from your ISP if nothing has been sent or received in a
certain period of time (I think the default is 10 minutes). This is a
pretty standard operation for routers that handle dial up modems.

Good luck!

John