Re: Airport and YDL

Subject: Re: Airport and YDL
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 07:52:53 MDT

Now, I don't have Airport on my machine, so I can't give you any details,
so someone else will have to fill in those. however, it sounds like you
are having the same trouble I had when I was trying to get ppp up and
running.

The machine dialed out and established a ppp connection, but the default
network route was left as /dev/eth0, so when I fired up Netscape, etc... I
got nothing since it was trying to send data over my ethernet port. My
solution was to add the line
route add -net default gw $5 $1
to /etc/ppp/ip-up.local. ip-up.local is automatically run when the ppp
connection was established, so this would get run. What this is doing is
setting the default route out of my machine to be the domain (which is in
$5) on the device in $1. I don't at the moment remember all of the
variables that get passed to ip-up so I can't really advise you too much
about it. However, from your description, it sounds like this is what is
happening, your machine establishes the connection, it just doesn't use
it.

-Christopher