Re: PPP connection

Subject: Re: PPP connection
From: ScottP (parrisc@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 16:24:33 MDT

> I was able to set up my connection and log on, but when I open Netscape,
> it's not finding the connection.
>
> I was able to successfully ping internet addresses, though.
>
> What am I missing?

Sounds like you may not be getting a good connection make sure the mtu and
mru settings in /etc/ppp/options are set to around 500 each. This normally
improves the connection and eliminates netscape timeouts. I would read the
PPP-HOWTO on the net as well. This gives you enough info you can debug the
connection yourself. FWIW, I found Kppp useless after properly setting
up my connection with scripts.

Scott