Re: XF86-4.0 on G4/AGP: success, almost...

Subject: Re: XF86-4.0 on G4/AGP: success, almost...
From: David Haines (djhain@music.umass.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 17:00:40 MDT

Michael Long wrote:

>Where did you find the complete set of these files? I found that
>Howarth was missing the fbdev file. Did you build from source?

I haven't had any error messages about the fbdev file. I'm using the
XF86Config.r128 that's at Howarth's site, and I'm not using xpmac - are
you ? I don't seem to need it, things look great without it.
    However, the response time when trying to launch apps from within
KDE is quite slow.
    I probably need to re-install many modules: in upgrading my kernel,
I've lost ppp ("can't find mod ppp" or some such error message).
    I checked /var/log/messages, and there was nothing about the fbdev
file.