Re: Kmail screen refresh is slow when typing new message

Subject: Re: Kmail screen refresh is slow when typing new message
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terrasoftsolutions.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 13:34:12 MDT

On Wednesday 06 June 2001 01:02, you wrote:
> Has anyone aelse ahhad problems with Kmail? When I type a message it
> takes about 30 seconds for the ttyping to appear on the screen.

David,
This exact problem drove me nuts on my personal powerbook that I use KMail on
for most of my email... it is even worse on this machine as most of the
time I am using the trackpad. I checked with a few people that use
YDL and KMail and they didn't have this problem so I created
a new user on my machine, logged in as that user, and tried
KMail. It worked great. So to fix this problem, I
moved my .kde directory (in my home directory) to .kde_old
and then restarted KDE and now KMail works like a charm.

I'm not sure *what* causes this, but will investigate once
get caught up on email ;-)

Hope this helps!

--

Regards, Dan Burcaw Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.