Installing 2.0, screen goes black

Subject: Installing 2.0, screen goes black
From: Franklin Scheu (franklin.scheu@veritas.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 03:52:25 MDT

I have an AGP G4 400 with stock ATI card and a 22-inch Apple Cinema Display.
I simply can't get my Cinema Display to work. I boot off the cd fine and the
screen displays the command line where I am prompted to type in "install". I
can see that a ram disk is being made, but then as soon as it appears to be
finished making the ram disk my screen goes black (it litterly goes to
sleep) and I can see nothing else. I have let it sit there a half -hour and
still nothing. If I blindly slap a couple a keys the screen will turn-itself
back on and boot into the Mac OS.
I have been reading through this list and seen other folk having problems
that look similar and they are given advice about video settings. I have
tried various resolution and colour settings in different combinations but
the effect is always the same. Does anyone know of any special settings or
tricks that will make my Cinema Display that work? Is my 22-inch Apple
Cinema Display supported? If not, does anyone know if there are any plans to
support it and when?

AGP G4 400
256 RAM
22-inch Apple Cinema Display