YDL 2.0 On RS/6000

Subject: YDL 2.0 On RS/6000
From: Steve kurlin (skurlin@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 08:56:09 MDT

I have an idea I would liek to bounce of the gurus out there.

If I install the YDL 2.0 ramdisk-x11.image.gz on a Linux Partition and then
install the vmlinux kernel on on a Prep boot partition on an RS/6000 then
add a boot option which tells the prep boot kernel that root=/dev/sdaX where
x is the ramdisk image. will that get the installer going.

Just a thought. I have tried it but the prep boot does not really work. Is vmlinux
the file i should put on the prep-boot.