Re(2): No Subject

Subject: Re(2): No Subject
From: aegis (aesc1@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 11:28:39 MDT

Hello Scott,

I quote:

NewWorld ROM systems: yaboot

1.Insert the Yellow Dog Linux Install CD.

2.Restart your computer.

3.Hold the "C" key until you have booted from the Yellow Dog Linux Install CD.

4.Press RETURN for the GUI installer; or type

           install

for the non-graphical, text-based* installer.

5.Proceed to the next section, "Select Default Language".

Now admittedly you -Don't- have to do that with an OldWorld ROM machine,
but that's the Only way I see in the guide for the NewWorld rev machines
anywhere in that guide... if you See something there pertaining to
installing onto a NewWorld ROM machine that I don't Be a pal and give a
hint as to where in the guide it is, since apparently I Am blind.

thanks

John

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001, Scott Shanafelt <sgshanaf@chartermi.net> wrote:

>You don't actualy NEED to boot off it guys, its described in the
>
>http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/guide2.0.shtml
>
>I posted earlier.

-- They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety - Ben Franklin 1775