Re: Setting up a router

Subject: Re: Setting up a router
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 14:58:31 MST

If I were you I'd:

- forget about the cable modem and IP masquerading for now
- use netcfg to set up the Ethernet cards with appropriate IP addresses (eg
192.168.1.254, 192.168.254.254)
- test the basic router function using Macs on both Ethernet segments
- reconfigure for the cable modem
- set up IP masquerading.

You will save a lot of time through a step by step approach!

  Iain