Re: Newbie: PM8500 video and ethernet problems.

Subject: Re: Newbie: PM8500 video and ethernet problems.
From: Sean Riley (sean@therileys.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 13:05:41 MST

Looks like you have it right........ Although as root the ifconfig eth0 up
or down shouldn't bark at you. Look in /var/log/messages to see that the
ethernet interface was picked up properly

But you shouldn't have to reinstall again to fiddle with the settings.

You can pick the domain name you want to use (just don't try and use a real
one, like us west. this will be default postpended to an unqualified domain
name :-) or leave it localhost

you can try netconf (will allow you to alter/change values without knowing
where all the files are)
Or if you know an editor like vi

/etc/resolv.conf (nameserver setup)
/etc/sysconfig/network (set you chosen host name)
/etc/hosts (local hosts file, add yourself)

I'm probably forgetting something tho.......