Re: YDL 1.2.1 on PM9600 with NewerTech G4/400 - Processor recognized as G3 only

Subject: Re: YDL 1.2.1 on PM9600 with NewerTech G4/400 - Processor recognized as G3 only
From: Chris Ruprecht (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 11:49:44 MST

I have what ever kernel comes standard with 1.2.1 - I'm not at home now and can not verify. I have to admit: I didn't pay attention to the kernel release which brings up another point. On my Intel box, I have kernel 2.4.17 source. Can I just copy that tar ball over to the PPC machine, untar it and hope it will work? I'm under the impression that this would not be this easy. Where would I get a 2.4 kernel from?

Best regards,
Chris

>>> linux@mail.demian.shacknet.nu 03/30/01 11:16AM >>>
Your kernel may need to be re-compiled with such things as Altivec
support... I've never tried running on anything that didn't have a G4
'native' so to speak.

What kernel are you using?