Re: kernel oops when writing to hfs filesystem, + varous other problems

Subject: Re: kernel oops when writing to hfs filesystem, + varous other problems
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 23:00:33 MST

Timothy,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my queries. I had figured out some
of them by spending a *lot* of time reading newsgroups, but it was
helpful to have your reply. I am now planning the system differently.
I'm disappointed that I won't be immune to filesystem corruption with mol...

BTW, can I use the hfsutils on a partition while mol is using it, or
must I quit mol first?

Regarding hfs, I'm encouraging some lecturers at my uni to set hfs+ as a
project for our 3rd year project groups. This may also include cleaning
up hfs... but, don't don't count your chickens before they've hatched.
Said lecturer first has to convince a project group that a filesystem is
'sexy' enough to take on instead of some GUI project, and the group that
takes it on may not get anywhere... but that's what happens when
students write code. Maybe something good could come of it.

Ben.