Re: Install YDL 2.1 on ibook600 CDRW/DVD No CDROM found

Subject: Re: Install YDL 2.1 on ibook600 CDRW/DVD No CDROM found
From: Chris Croome (chris@webarchitects.co.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 11:09:59 MST

Hi John

On Sat 02-Mar-2002 at 03:43:03 -0500, John Brier wrote:
> Chris, thanks a lot! It worked great

Glad to head it :-)

> Now I have to figure out how to get the sound, and airport to work.
> When sound tries to load it fails.

Yes, I have this as well but have not had time to look into it. I was
planning to just download the ALSA source code and complie it, that
generally works in x86 machines (I'm new to the world of PPC's).

I also haven't got around to getting a good X11 config sorted so I'm
running in failsafe mode at the moment, it seems like the iBook2 option
for X is based on the smaller screen size, but again I've been busy and
not had a chance to investigate thias much.

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
everything else                               http://chris.croome.net/