Re: unable to read CD on Performa 6112CD

Subject: Re: unable to read CD on Performa 6112CD
From: sfalken (sfalken@dumpsterdivers.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 11:55:59 MST

On Saturday 16 March 2002 10:38, you wrote:
> I recently obtained a PowerPC Performa 6112CD, and tried to install YD 2.1
> on it. The CD I burned, for some reason, failed to read for the most part,
> and when it did read, it had errors and was very slow. I burned a couple
> of different copies of the ISO, and I even tried using the SCSI burner
> that I made the CD with in the macintosh (it could read mac discs, but not
> the burned YD disc). Any idea as to why it won't read the disc, or
> anything else I can try? Thanks!

Well, by all rights, the drive you burned the ISO with SHOULD work, so I'd
guess bad burn, but as it sits, you're not going to get anything
accomplished, YDL-2.1 won't install on a Performa6112CD, it's a nubus
machine, I think Takashie has installer for YDL-2.0
http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net, if you want a direct install setup that
you don't have to use beta software to install, give mklinux a try, it was
built for nubus powermacs http://www.mklinux.org

                --Shawn