Re: OEM vs Retail Box (Was: Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso...)

Subject: Re: OEM vs Retail Box (Was: Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso...)
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 21:07:24 MST

I would have to echo Gordon's sentiments on the Brandtjen-Seufert
war. I have experienced both situations in real life: a drive that
would have still been under warranty except that it was sold through
Apple and so the original manufacturer would not honor the warranty
(Apple warranty also expired), and another time (2 occasions
actually) where the drive was warranted by the manufacturer,
regardless of origin or status as OEM or not. From my perspective, it
is caveat emptor, read the fine print.

Stefan Jeglinski