9600 accelerated video?

Subject: 9600 accelerated video?
From: Brock Gunter-Smith (brock@gbgraphics.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 09:57:30 MDT

okay, I've tried pouring through the FAQs and aren't getting anywhere fast
:( I've got a 9600/200 MP with the standard 4MB ATI Mach64 card in there.
After I did my install (CS 1.2, ran YUP twice after my install), I left the
"no video" box UNselected in BootX, ran Xconfigurator, setting my monitor to
1024x768 telling it that it was an Apple 17 Multisync (it's a 1710). When
KDE loaded and I did anything, I would get about 2 dozen, thick (about 30
pixel), horizontal, fuzzy white lines running across my screen and it would
keep getting progressively worse as I tried to do anything. The only way I
can get stable video is by checking off "no video"...but refresh is soooooo
slow. Is there a simple way to get accelerated video on this machine?

BTW - I installed kernel-smp without a hitch.

Thanks.

-> Brock