YellowDog can't emulate three buttons?

Subject: YellowDog can't emulate three buttons?
From: Riccardo Gusso (grick@mac.com )
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 09:04:28 MDT

I'm wondering if this is only a YellowDog bug, and it's better to change
distro, or it is quite a kernel+XF68_FBdev bug.
The facts: with Champion Server 1.2 there was kernel 2.2.6, and after
completing installation mouse was ok , you could use num_lock an
kp_equals to emulate 2nd and 3rd buttons of Apple Usb Mouse. Now I'have
passed to CS 1.2, and I' m experiencing a lot of annoying problems, as
sound that doesn't work, keyboard non US characters missing, ecc... but
sure the most annoying one is the impossibility to emulate second and
third button again unlike they say in their (updated ???) installation
guide: "usb keyboards users may simply use num_lock and kp_equals (...)"
I tried to switch to Xpmac as Xserver, and in this case emulation worked
with option+2 and option+3 (but I couldn't change the assigned buttons
even if I have modified the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file), so I don't
understand where is the problem and how to obtain emulation with
XF68_FBDev.
Is there any solution (except buying a three-buttons mouse)?

Bye.
          Rick

"And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
 What can I possibly say?
 I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
 I'm glad you stood in my way."
      L. Cohen, "Famous blue raincoat"