netatalk: files that begin with a '.'

Subject: netatalk: files that begin with a '.'
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 10:39:32 MDT

Greetings,

 I'm trying to find a work around to the following problem: when writing a
file that begins with a period, AppleTalk or netatalk replaces the period
with a colon and its hex equivalent (:2e). What I'm trying to do is to
allow a FileMaker script to control user access via .htaccess (via
Appletalk) and I'm not really kean to the idea of changing my .htaccess
file names on the rest of the server to something that doesn't begin with
a '.'. Any thoughts, workarounds would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris