Re: Purchase YDL 2.0 from CompUSA? NEVER!

Subject: Re: Purchase YDL 2.0 from CompUSA? NEVER!
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 15:54:34 MDT

Hey,

  I know this is not what you want to hear... but CompUSA isn't ALWAYS
that bad... I worked at a CompUSA for 2 years as their Mac rep and then
Mac repair technician. Yes, for a long time I was the only one who handled
anything Mac related (and didn't brush off the customers), but by the time
I moved on to bigger and better things the Mac department in Braintree, MA
(south of Boston) was actually decent. I think a lot of it has to do with
what kind of GMs the stores had. My GM was great, and worked together with
myself and our Apple Rep getting iMacs in stock, and keeping all the
peripherals available. But, experience has also made me realize how
INCREDIBLY SUCKY CompUSA can be as well... So, complain to the Hardware
Manager, the Retail Manager, the General Manager... And hell, why not,
complain to the Regional Manager if you're not satisfied. Since
Store-Within-A-Store doesn't seem to be going anywhere, you might as well
get some decent service!

Oh, and one other thing... if anyone out there is in the retail world and
wants a better job/pay, you should check out the local CompUSA. Mac
people are apparently in high demand, so you will definitely make at least
a few dollars more than your PC counterparts if you push.

Give 'em hell ;)
Mike