Re: problems with new iBook

Subject: Re: problems with new iBook
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@terraplex.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 10:38:31 MST

On this day, Wed, 01 Nov 2000, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> Just curious ifd there's any known problems with the new iBooks. For some
> reason when I boot, it just saying booting... and that's it. I'm trying
> to just book from the cd. Anything I should know about? I'm new to Linux
> on PPC in general.

You cant use BootX on the latest iBooks... hrm... what else... CS 1.2 will
need a new kernel. Uh... CS 1.2.1 should allow you to install... On mine
console video was messed up unless you boot MacOS before Linux... the latest
kernels fix that.. >= 2.2.17pre20-ben3

Sounds doesnt work unless you use an iBook specific hack... I've got my own
personal kernels up on metaltux.org/~core/files/ if you want to try one.

Charles

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com