Re: Jumping Thru the Hoops

Subject: Re: Jumping Thru the Hoops
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 07:43:26 MST

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Mark Rissman wrote:
>For example, I could not boot until someone explained
>I should change the following
>
>image=hd:,\\vmlinux

>image=hd:9,\\\\vmlinux

 Hrm, I'm not sure why this was causing a problem for you. I have this:

image = /pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0,0:7,vmlinux

(my yaboot and vmlinux files are at root level, not in a system
folder) and it works without any problems.

 I have also recently installed YDL on 4 G4s, without any problems that
you are experiencing. Are you putting the yaboot and vmlinux files inside
a MacOS system folder?

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada