iMac Linux computer lab

Subject: iMac Linux computer lab
john.newsom@bsd405.com
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 16:13:49 MST

I am going to be setting up a 32 station iMac computer lab at one of
our high schools. I want these machines to be dual boot MacOS/Linux
boxes. We normally make hard disk images on CD to preinstall all of
our standard software and config files. My question is, does anyone
know a way to make a hard disk image on a CD of a dual boot box?=20
Maybe it's simple, but in discussing this with a local apple engineer,
we were stumped. I hate the thought of manually setting up each
machine.

Also, we'd like to use a powerbook G3 as a teaching station, and I am a
bit confused as to how to enable the external video port. We need to
be able to project the screen image for teaching purposes. I plan on
using YDL 1.2.1, a lombard powerbook, the new lower end iMacs, and an
Epson lcd video projector.

John Newsom
Director of Instructional Technology
Bellevue School Disrict