Re: netatalk woes - I got it to work!

Subject: Re: netatalk woes - I got it to work!
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 12:22:32 MST

 I managed to find out the source of my netatalk problems, and I owe it
all to this list. I read through some past postings, and someone had
mentioned that the latest source from Sourceforge needed to 'autogen'. I
looked in the source folder and wadda-ya-know there was a autogen.sh
script there (the README and INSTALL docs don't mention it at all btw).

 So, to install, (after wiping the entire directory and untarring the
source again), I first ran autogen.sh, then configure, then make and make
install. I added a line to /etc/atalk/afpd.conf and that got afpd
working. Then the most recent post about 'insmod appletalk' got atalkd
working.

 So, to summarize, I have afpd and atalkd working with encrypted passwords
(using PAM even) and I owe it to this list. Thanks everyone! If anyone
ever comes up to Montreal, let me know, and I'll take you out for a beer
or coffee or something.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada