OpenGL and GLX

Subject: OpenGL and GLX
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:17:29 MST

I've been trying to write some simple OpenGL programs. I started on my
workstation which is a full blown unix box. I tried to just port these to
my powerbook running yellowdog 1.2.1 and they don't work. Apparently, my X
server is missing the GLX extension. I went poking around recently and I
foudn source for OpenGL and GLX for linux, but they are meant to be built
into a XFree86 3.3* source tree. I'm running 4.0 which I thought had
openGL and GLX support built into it already (and the pages I found the
above mentioned source code indicated that that was sort of the reason why
the source was out there was to facilitate the creation of 4.x so that it
would have this support. Does anyone out there know more about this then I
do and have any advice for me?

-christopher