Re: 2.4.12-benh0 on Powerbook G4 (Titanium) 500

Subject: Re: 2.4.12-benh0 on Powerbook G4 (Titanium) 500
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 12:56:02 MST

At 10:58 AM -0800 11/1/01, Chip Witt wrote:

>PS -- As a side note, if anyone knows of another forum wherein this
>question may be more appropriate, please pass along that info.

Since it's a benh kernel, you should probably ask Ben H. :) He'd
know if there were any kernel issues.

BTW you say you can't even mount or rip audio CDs? I just remembered
that the PB G4 (like all other recent Apple models) does not have a
path for analog audio output from the CD or DVD to get to an analog
mixer which mixes it with output from the sound chip (unlike older
Macs and PC sound cards). Instead, the CD player program has to rip
the audio data from the CD and feed it to the sound chip. I'm not
sure any Linux CD player programs support this process yet.

--
Tim Seufert