RE: Mail OSX and YDL

Subject: RE: Mail OSX and YDL
From: Parker, Wayne R, PR (wayneparker@att.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:44:04 MST

Easy. Just set your YDL box as your mail server in Mail.app's preferences
(by IP or name, depending on your network set-up). For username and password
in Mail.app, use the name and password of the account on the YDL box. I did
it, and it took less time to set up than it's taken me to explain it ;{> Of
course, that was before HellAtlantic started blocking the mail
ports...grrr...

Oh, likewise, you can set Mail.app to use your YDL box for outgoing mail, so
your outgoing mail won't be dependant on your ISP's mail servers.