Re: YDL, MacOS 9, Wrong Partition???

Subject: Re: YDL, MacOS 9, Wrong Partition???
From: welt (welt@mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 09:37:17 MST

> Where is this yaboot.conf file and how do I edit it?

it's in /etc

> Do I use command line operations or can I simply open the file in a
> text editing app and change the appropriate line?

umm, either, for eg

pico /etc/yaboot.conf

should work from the command line, btw

<ctrl o> to write the file when you've finished
<ctrl x> to quit

then, from the command line type in

yabin

to run it - as in Chris's reply

> F.Y.I {On a Mac, you hold down the Option+Command+P+R keys to zap the
> PRAM}

but, on new world Macs, holding down the <option> key during start-up
starts an Open Firmware
application, which scans for valid start-up devices, including Linux
ones - then you can choose one,
so it would be helpful if you are having bootloader problems

HTH

Richard