freezes?

Subject: freezes?
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 10:40:44 MST

Has anyone else experienced system freezes as I have? I am running YDL
2.0 on an 8500 dual-604 with SMP kernel 2.4.10 and trying to build a newer
kernel to support a PCI NIC. During the build process I have experienced
numerous freezes where all activity ceases and I am forced to reboot the
system. This is extremely counter-productive and I am beginning to
question the robustness and stability of the system overall.

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/