Announcement: New Site for PPC Linux users (mac, rs6k etc)

Subject: Announcement: New Site for PPC Linux users (mac, rs6k etc)
From: John Buswell (johnb@one.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 14:43:46 MST

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that TuxPPC is now out of beta and formally
launched as of today. Some of you maybe familar with iMacLinux.net, over
the past year, we have been working to cover more than just iMac hardware,
we now have dedicated sites for iBook, PowerMac, PowerBook, Nubus, RS6000
and future PPC64 systems.

The site features regular articles, news, guides, howtos, questions and
answers and web based forums. We have added many new guides and howtos,
including a new kernel guide, quickstart guide to iproute2 and a USB
Radio howto.

Those of you familar with the old iMacLinux site, will be pleased with the
latest version of the site. You can now browse the news, guides and q&a
databases all the way back to the start of the database.

TuxPPC is a free resource, and run by volunteers. We would appriciate any
contributions such as posting news, guides, howtos or asking or
answering questions on the forums, and of course providing us with
feedback. If you have a USB, Firewire or other device attached to your PPC
system, and would like to write a guide or review of how the product works
under Linux that would be great. We can only cover a limited amount of
hardware by ourselves, and the more contributions, means a stronger
resource and better distributions in the future.

You can find TuxPPC at

                        http://www.tuxppc.org.

We have hardware specific editions for iMacs, iBooks, PowerMacs,
PowerBooks, Nubus, RS6000 and PPC 64. The RS/6000 and PPC 64 bit
editions are still under development.

The site uses CSS, and therefore looks a lot better in Mozilla 0.9.5 and
higher, Opera, Konqueror, IE 6, or Lynx, than it does in netscape 4 or IE
5.

Regards

John Buswell
email: staff@tuxppc.org