10/100 ethernet card in PPC

Subject: 10/100 ethernet card in PPC
From: Dan Calhoun (dcalhoun15@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 23:18:28 MST

OK folks, I'm having serious connection problems with my 8500/604e-200/256 Ram/running YDL 2.1, DHCP will not function so I had to set up the onboard ethernet (eth0) to static, it connects the web as if it were a 14.4 modem, the MAC OS surprisingly connects really well so I know it has to be some set up file that I'm missing,my little network at home has been stable and functioning for years. This network is tied to and 4 port Linksys Cable Router and that is connected to a Cable modem. My wintel box ,98SE, 1ghx AMD flies, Mac 8500-G3,350 same thing, the YDL 2.1 crawls.. This weekend at Fry's I purchased 2 cards 1 USB 2 port and a DFE 530+ 10/100 ethernet card for MAC/PC Installed MAC drivers, bingo, functions great, increase in speed noticeable. Now I'm trying to install this unit as (eth1) on the YDL 2.1 side and a DUH!
It came with linux drivers obviously they're for the wintel box. While digging in the LIB files and in the kernel drivers I see an earlier numbered driver than my board came with so I think the driver is OK but the installation procedures for the PC is definitely not the same. As the usr/include/linux/modversions.h doesn't seem to exist on this ver. Can anyone point me to the procedure or the syntax to load this driver in the proper file for use, that is providing that it will work...........Thanks in advance