RE: PPP/Modem problems and kppp

Subject: RE: PPP/Modem problems and kppp
From: Carney, Kevin (CarneyKJ@Reading-Recovery.org)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 16:33:32 MST

>Sorry, but with kppp you can increase timings and all
>works fine, in my iMac (same modem) this was the solution.

Ahh...you're right. I must have overlooked those time delay options when I
was playing around with kppp. (These options are found in kppp by clicking
Setup / Modem / Modem Commands.) I will definatly make note of this.

Still...kppp is not very useful if X isn't running and I need a link or if I
want to write a shell script that needs to connect to the internet. It would
be nice if wvdial wasn't broken. Oh well...

        -Kevin