Re: cdrecord with firewire CDRW?

Subject: Re: cdrecord with firewire CDRW?
From: Philippe Tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 22:14:36 MDT

> Rather than reward Adaptec for slimy business
> practices, I was wondering if
> I could use the drive to burn a disk image
> using cdrecord. Does Linux
> support the use of a firewire CDRW?

I just managed to boot the 2.4 kernel on an iMac
DV, and this kernel includes some FireWire
support, though I don't even know where to look
in the /dev directory. (could use some help
there folks.) Getting 2.4 to run is a good
start; a workable version has been out for a week
now or so I hear.

http://www.metaltux.org/~core/files/vmlinux-2.4.0-test10.gz

you'll need, in addition to the kernel, the
modules and the system map. I think they're in
that directory.

then you'll need a QUE driver for your burner.
That may be a little more difficult, but I think
there are others who are working on it.

peace

philippe