Re: Network set-up changes

Subject: Re: Network set-up changes
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 14:38:16 MDT

On 10/12/01 11:32 AM, "Ken Schweigert" <ken@byte-productions.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I'm in a similar situation (machines at a co-lo and occasionally bring them
> to the office) and here's what I do:
>
> Edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> NAME=www
> DEVICE=eth0
> ONBOOT=yes
>
> BOOTPROTO=static
> IPADDR=192.168.0.15
> NETMASK=255.255.255.224
>
> #BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> #IPADDR=""
> #NETMASK=""
>
> Edit /etc/sysconfig/network and do the same thing with GATEWAY=

Ken,

Thanks for the help. This worked well in theory, the macine on the network
at home now comes up with DHCP connection. However, no services are
available; the outside world is inaccessible, and the machine no longer
shows up in the appletalk browser. This is most perplexing...

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/