Installing YDL from a hard drive?

Subject: Installing YDL from a hard drive?
From: Mark Brethen (mbrethen@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 13:23:50 MDT

I'm new to Linux and I'm having a problem installing the software.
I've checked the mail list archive and can't find answers to my
specific problem. I have a beige G3 with two internal SCSI drives. I
have OS 9 installed on the A drive ("/dev/sda") which is 4 MB HFS+.
I've partitioned the B drive ("/dev/sdb") for YDL like so: 1 MB HFS
partition which contains the YDL 2.0 install files I downloaded from
the Terra soft FTP site; 10 MB bootloader; 256 MB swap partition and
a root partition. Following terrasoft's guide to install document, I
get to the point where you select the install media and it only lets
me select the local CD-ROM drive. What do I have to do so that it
finds the install files on the hard drive?

Any help will be appreciated.

--

Mark mbrethen@rochester.rr.com