Re: Hot complaints about YDL 2.1

Subject: Re: Hot complaints about YDL 2.1
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 05:52:48 MST

On 29 Oct 2001, David Wheeler wrote:

> On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 23:04, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>
> > pmud has long had the ability to run aritrary commands on
> > wake-up. A simple "trackpad your-setting-here" should work
> > in /etc/power/pwrctl-local.
>
> Nice to know that, but it doesn't seem to work for me -- nothing I put
> in /etc/power/pwrctl-local seems to execute. But it's nice to know that
> I can actually execute trackpad from the command line after waking up
> and not have to reboot in order to get the trackpad to behave itself
> again.

What model computer do you have? In YDL2, at least, the iBook 2 isn't
recognized by /etc/power/pwrctl.

When I plug or un-plug power, or put it to sleep and wake it back up, I
got messages like this logged in /var/log/messages:

Oct 29 05:39:43 delerium pmud[318]: running /etc/power/pwrctl minimum battery
Oct 29 05:39:43 delerium pwrctl: no function for PMU 12
Oct 29 05:39:46 delerium pmud[318]: running /etc/power/pwrctl maximum ac
Oct 29 05:39:46 delerium pwrctl: no function for PMU 12

I fixed this by adding PMU 12 to /etc/power/pwrctl:
On line 192, add "12" into the list of matches for pwrctl_G3.

I was just guessing that the settings for the powerbook G3 are a better
choice than the 3400.

Is that fixed in YDL 2.1? It might be a nice thing to add to YUP if not.

I also notice that pmud always calls that script with "minimum" when I
pull the power cord out, even if the battery is fully charged. Do folks
with other notebooks find that it does the right thing, or is this a pmud
problem?

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net