Re: Re iMac DVSE 500

Subject: Re: Re iMac DVSE 500
From: William F. Hostman (aramis@gci.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 02:00:15 MDT

>From: Moonglue@141.com (Michael A. Peters)
>Subject: Re: Re iMac DVSE 500
>
>Cool!
>
>id /dev/mouse and /dev/usbmouse were symlinks to /dev/input/mice (as
>you set them up) then you shouldn't have needed to change your
>XF86Config file- I use the new /dev/input/mice (on beige g3 with usb)
>and my XF86Config file is still the old way...

I know that they are symlinks, but startX wouldn't follow them, and they
showed up in a wierd color scheme on the ls output.

>Did you install using the normal YD installer?

yes. Booted off hda9 (my macos, using the alternate kernel, the
ramdisk.image.gz, and yaboot).

I suspect I need to add the modules to the ramdisk.image.gz, but I haven't
puzzled the man gzip enough yet to figure that out, nor looked at what's
actually IN the ramdisk.image.gz

BTW, thanks to Joe Stewart <joerex@pacbell.net> for the switchdesk tip.
I'll try it shortly.

William F. Hostman