Re: Installing YDL on Dual500 G4 -- Update!!

Subject: Re: Installing YDL on Dual500 G4 -- Update!!
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 16:14:15 MDT

Hi Josh,

 Just got this update, check out:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/news/2000-09-13b.shtml

 It is a press release stating the support for the new Dual Processor
machines.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Joshua Gitlin wrote: > I am new to this list (and new to Linux on Mac) so please >bear with me. Thanks. :) I burned the image of YDL CS 1.2, and then I >booted from the CD (by holding the C key). Linux got as far as my >SCSI drivers, whereupon I got the message "SCSI : Aborting command >due to timeout. PID 0 SCSI0 Channel 0 ID 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 >00 00". the message appeared twice, and then the system appeared to >hang. I left it alone for 10 minutes, no change. I left the room for >another 5 minutes and returned to find a puke-green screen. Nothing >else. Can anyone help? Thanks. > > -Josh Gitlin >