Re: bootx and install hang

Subject: Re: bootx and install hang
From: Richard McLaren (richard_mclaren2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:15:40 MDT

Lathe:

I went through all this too. I had to go back into MacOS and re-initialize
the hard drive (I have a 2nd hard drive just for Linux), before proceeding
with the installation. I had to do this several times before it "took".

Finally I got YDL 2.0 running, but with hard drive errors. The hard drive
crashed soon after and I had to replace it. The installation of YDL 2.0 on
the replacement hard drive went almost flawlessly, so I never figured out if
there was a problem with the YDL formating/installation program or just with
my hard drive.

Richard