Re: Palm sync with YDL

Subject: Re: Palm sync with YDL
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 18:00:11 MDT

Looks like IrDA was not compiled into the kernel I've got (the one from
the YDL2.0 Tasty Morsels CD).

Just to test the waters, I launched make menuconfig. That failed because
I don't have ncurses installed. (What's ncurses?) Then I tried make xconfig.
That fails because it can't find some hdr files: stdio.h, string.h, &c. I've
tried in dirs that have been installed via rpm and srpm; the later from the
Source CD. I'd've thought that'd be all the source I'd need. No?

I can see that this is going to be painful. The links to the Kernel-Howto
pages are helpful, but haven't spit the answer out at me yet.

Anyone have a quick, 1, 2, 3 on how to compile a kernel? I like what
I've got running so far (2.4); I just want to add IR functionality to it.

Thanks
Scott