Re: Minor issues with YDL...

Subject: Re: Minor issues with YDL...
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 08:44:23 MDT

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Ken Schweigert wrote:
>I may be a little off-base here, but when you said date and time are
>reset, the first thing that came to my mind was OpenFirmware. If I
>remember correctly, both date and time and video settings are pulled
>from OF. You might want to try booting into MacOS and setting your date
>and video there and then reboot into linux.

 Booting into MacOS shouldn't be necessary. To set the hardware clock, use
the 'clock' command (man clock). To set the system clock, use the 'date'
command (man date).

 If the date keeps on getting set back to Jan 01, 1904, every time you
power up, this is likely due to a dead battery on your motherboard. You
can buy a replacement at RadioScrap for about $20 CND.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada