Re: Comments on Ximian gnome update..

Subject: Re: Comments on Ximian gnome update..
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 16:56:41 MDT

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Nathan Buck wrote:

> This is inspired by a previous post on the topic but I thought it was
> worth a discussion on the list.

<snip />

I assume that you're referring to my post. The only problem I've run into
is with Sawfish, as I said. That problem may be related to the issue you
mention about the CORBA server dissappearing -- I seem to recall seeing
something about when I'd restarted sawfish from a terminal and saw the
printouts in that terminal when it crashed again.

Other than that, issue, though, I've had no problems. Red Carpet works
great -- even for YDL updates. But I don't use the features of GNOME a
ton -- few apps, etc. (oh, yeah the Evolution Beta doesn't work at all!).
I mainly live in Emacs, pine, and Mozilla or Netscape.

But if that issue with Sawfish (and CORBA) got corrected, I'd be the first
to upgrade! Have you submitted bug reports to bugzilla.ximian.com?

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394