Re: A Newbie Question... Sorry.

Subject: Re: A Newbie Question... Sorry.
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 15:05:25 MDT

>Dear all,
>
>I have recently installed YellowDogLinux and was very happy with its ease of
>install compared to LinuxPPC. Now that I finally have Linux installed on my
>Mac, which has been a time consuming process, I feel like I don't know what
>to do. Im not even really sure how to make a second user name so I don't
>take the chance of screwing up my linux system. Can anyone suggest a good
>book, or a course of action to help me learn the basics of linux so that
>when I read most of the posts to this group, I would know what you are
>talking about? I would enjoy nothing more. Thank you for your time.
>
>Sincerely,
>Daniel J. Costello

Do you have any specific questions?

Having gone from barebones newbie to slightly above barebones newbie, I may
have gone through what you have.

Make sure you check out: http://www.linux.com/howto/ and try and get some
answers that way. If you still have questions that aren't covered there,
or anything YellowDog/PowerPC specific, let us know.

Cya

Ev.

--
Evan Read