using tftp to start yd install

Subject: using tftp to start yd install
From: Scott Hofmann (scott@mapobject.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 19:17:10 MDT

Dear list,

The install image for YD is too big to fit on a floppy. I have RedHat
running on another machine that can serve as a TFTP server to provide the
install image to my RS6000 43P-140. The RS6000 43P-140 has firmware settings
to accommodate a boot image being served from a TFTP server (according to
the documentation I have). It would seem as though I have everything I need
to initiate the YD install.

Has anyone done this using a TFTP server?

Can anyone offer me information about performing this task or point me
towards instructions for performing this task?

I am asking because I have tried this a few times but I have not been able
to get it to work but I think I am simply doing it wrong.

Thank you for you help.

Scott
scott@mapobject.com
http://mapobject.com