RE: Hello Little Install Help

Subject: RE: Hello Little Install Help
From: Michael J. Mathews (mmathews@brainlink.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 22:50:28 MST

I had similar problems: I was confused over how to set up the Mac partitions
(not the Linux partitions) -- took me three days and 4 install attempts to
figure it out.

Using the macintosk disk tools utility I was creating _one_ partition of
type MacOS and leaving the rest as "unallocated" -- didn't work.

I finally tried creating _two_ partitions, the first of type MacOS and the
second I explicitly set to be of type "unallocated".

A subtle distinction but once I got it the install proceeded correctly and I
was up and running 15 minutes later!

Hope this helps!