X Windows on an iMac Dv

Subject: X Windows on an iMac Dv
From: le desordre, c'est moi (il0001@drake.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 01:18:41 MST

i was hoping someone out there with more *nix experience than myself could
help me with this. . .i have successfully installed YDL on my iMac DV with
no giant problems. i installed by downloading and buring both the CS-1.1 cd
and the goodies cd, botting off the goodies cd and going from there. My
question is about X windows. i have X windows working,even with my
kensington usb mouse, but so far have only been successful getting to boot
up in 8 bit color, with no sound. I have tried installing the
Xpmac.rage128.usb.rev9 X server, but when i try to start X with it
installed, X windows crashes on startup. anyway, anyone out there who has a
similar setup who has found a way to get this to work? please let me know. .
.

-ian