I can't login :(

Subject: I can't login :(
From: Josh Forman (josh@joshforman.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 16:21:57 MST

(sorry if you get this twice)

Suddenly I'm having major problems.

During the startup process, the last thing I see is "Remounting root
filesystem in read/write mode [PASSED]" and it just kinda hangs
there. If something is getting frozen, it's whatever comes next. If I hit
ctrl-c, it puts out a few more lines (starting linuxconf, etc), but it's
missing a lot of things (eth and lo interfaces, at, cron, sendmail...all the
good stuff). then I see the text console login prompt. I'm at runlevel 5,
so X starts immediately after and at this point, it loops, trying to switch
resolutions I think, and nevr does anything.

The precursor to this was that dhcpcd stopped working, and I tried to
install a new rpm for it among other things to try and get it working again.
Then suddenly, this happened.

System config info:
PowerMac 6500/250 64 MB RAM
YDL CS 1.1 kernel 2.2.16bpmac? (something lke tha

Let me know if you need any other info.

--
Josh Forman

Webmaster, joshforman.com Palm stuff, Mac stuff, Josh stuff, other stuff Reviews, resources and more!

http://www.joshforman.com/