Install Troubles on Daystar 604

Subject: Install Troubles on Daystar 604
From: J Walton (JWalton@EffectiveGraphics.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:07:42 MST

Hello all,

I realize this is probably a silly thing, but I didn't find anything in the
YDL archives on this specifically. I e'd tech support but since the Daystar
isn't officially supported (or listed in either the "should work" or "won't
work" catagories) I don' think he's going to have much info. He hasn't so
far.

Here's my problem:

I've got 3 drives, 1 for Mac OS, 1 for Linux (if I can ever install it), and
1 for our FTP files. I get as far as getting the control panel/extensions
installed and try BootX to boot into Linux. The screen goes black with a
"booting . . ." message, but doesn't get any further. A minute or so later
the machine reboots and I have the opportunity to try again.

I've tried with and without "No Video Driver" checked, but don't really see
any other options that would affect this.

I don't know if maybe it is an issue with the DayStar MP machine itself, and
I can put a slower processor in the machine that is not MP; I'd just prefer
not to.

Any ideas??? Any exprience with installing YDL on a Daystar MP?